Saturday, August 13, 2011

Installing the Cabinets

I'm pulling some very long days right now in the ADU to get the job done before my September 1st (hopeful) move-in date.

Last week, I was working primarily on cabinet installation. My builder has been finishing up the siding work, installing reclaimed doors, working on exterior trim, and building stair treads.

I'll have a post dedicated to the stairs, which along with the bannister/guardrail, will be a prominent design element. The stairs are turning out very nicely, and I'm excited to see what we come up in the end for both the main stairs as well alternating tread stairs to the attic. 

Here are some videos of this cabinet installation process, starting with a quick video during their arrival.



We started by installing the wall cabinets. We installed the upper cabinets first- they take more time than installing the base cabinets.



Here's a video of the appliances arriving. I installed the base cabinets before the appliances arrived.



Then, the granite fabricator's templater arrived and took measurements for a granite countertop that they'll install next week.

Here's a video of the current status of the cabinets, including a surprise cabinet installation in the bedroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...