Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Design #12

The design process is taking much longer than I had anticipated. I thought that with my SketchUp model complete, it would just be a matter of translating that model's dimensions into CAD.

It's a good thing that I have a good architect. It's been frustrating for me, but he has altered and refined the floor plan again and again. We're now on the twelfth iteration of the floor plan, and he considered this to be the preliminary set of designs.


Shortly, he'll put these into SketchUp, where I'll give him more feedback, and then we'll hand over the plans to an engineer, who will do the post and beam gravity sizing. Then, once the engineer has signed off, my architect will create drawings for the city that we can get stamped and approved.

Hopefully.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...